Friday, April 6, 2012

Best new Breakfast EVER!

It's my last day off then its back to work tomorrow! Gross.
I got the boy off to work and then went back to sleep for a while.
I have been eyeing up Carrots n Cake's-Oatmeal minus the Oats
And wow it did not disappoint!
 Here is the recipe

“Oatmeal” Minus the Oats
Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1-2 tbsp ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (add more if desired)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Whisk together egg whites and almond milk and then stir in walnuts, ground flax, banana, vanilla extract, and cinnamon; blend well.
  2. In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove, stirring frequently, until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
  3. Top with berries, nut butter, seeds, or whatever else your little heart desires.
 I topped it with the Homemade Coconut Butter I made the other day aka.....So so good........
 I love this stuff.......
 I also added a spoon of the Homemade Maple, Cinnamon Almond Butter I whipped up.
This was such a great meal and the best fuel for my 14km run I had scheduled!

I felt good for the first 10km but at that time I made a turn and went head first into the stupid wind. Knocked that last bit of energy I had right out of me! Damn.....
I finished in 1hr 21 minutes....not too good at all considering I have a half marathon in 4 freaking weeks......Got some work to do girl!

Now to have some red wine and relax-I'm tired....we were up late last night chatting. May go to bed early...I'll see! Not to sure if tomorrow should be a rest day or not......

No comments:

Post a Comment